Line and People Management.
– Ensure good governance and compliance with all applicable legislation.
– Translate the strategic objectives and management plan of the department into clear and obtainable goals and objectives, and in turn, define the purpose of the
Directorate in order to link it to the departmental and provincial strategic goals.
– Efficiently and effectively manage people and financial resources available in pursuance of the purpose and objectives of the Directorate: Provincial Security Provisioning, whilst ensuring the promotion of sound labour relations and good financial administrative practices.
– Evaluate the performance/ outputs of the Directorate on an ongoing basis against pre-determined targets with a focus on continual improvement and innovation.
– Establish and manage Community Safety Outreach Programmes headed by the directorate in collaboration with the broader department, and sister departments.
– Establish and management of safety partnerships, involving the community, through various fora in order to achieve the Western Cape Government’s objectives of safety for all.
– Prepare inputs for the strategic plan of the department, and communicate the plan to clients and staff within the directorate.
– Manage the transformation of service delivery and alignment of provincial national priorities.
– Establish broad client involvement and communicate the status of key objectives.
– Develop, implement and review provincial and departmental policies, as well as provide input to national policies.